Friday, August 16, 2013

The Spirit

I read this in a devotional on Wednesday and I thought, 'how true!'.

"Understand this: If you cannot experience the spirit in the work you are doing today, then you cannot experience the spirit today at all."

I love my job! No. That's not quite the whole truth.  

I love living in the Spirit...through my job, my ministries, my life.

I love it when I feel the impression on my heart to search for something, maybe white doves for the Christmas tree at church. Going to the Thrifty Shopper and finding a bag of 60 white doves!

Is that being led by the Spirit? I believe so.

I believe that's the way it works. 

I don't know how many times that I end up going shopping or being somewhere and there is someone that I know. Maybe I haven't seen them for a long time but it's so important for me to talk to them.

I don't necessarily talk to them about Jesus but I know it's vital that I speak to them. Maybe they just need to be recognized or encouraged. 

But I know that I am blessed.

I'll never know who I would have seen if I had gone to a different store but I believe that God wanted me to be there.  If I hadn't followed the Spirit of God, would I have listened to Him at all?

I may never know what it meant to that other person but I do know that it meant something to me.

How beautiful are the ways of the Lord!

A bag of 60 white doves for the Christmas tree!  Who would have thought! My pastor certainly didn't believe that I would ever find them. "Where in the world will you find that many white doves?" The Thrifty Shopper!

The LORD! It's always the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment