Monday, August 5, 2013

Somethin' Fishy

Well, here's the 'building character' board I'm using for the next two months.


I purchased some 8 X 10 glitter self-sticking foam and cut them into fish bowls and stuck them on my bulletin board. By adding some tissue paper and crepe streamers I tried to get a watery effect and to carry the theme from the book nook (see post below) over to where we have our lessons.

I ordered a package of foam fish stickers from Oriental Trading and voila! Here's the finished product. I used the largest stickers for attendance and then smaller creatures for good helper, praying with others, raising your hand to speak and no running! Kids love stickers.

Then I made my Blessing Bank container. I had found this plastic container that resembled a fish bowl and then took Elmer's Glue and water and decoupaged tissue paper all over it. I added some acrylic paint for coral, grasses and sea bed, then used some of the same stickers for decoration. (A slit also needed to be cut into the lid.) I thought it turned out quiet fishy!



No comments:

Post a Comment